Skip to main content

The First Post!

HELLO WORLD!

Look at me, I made a blog. I won't go through introducing myself, because my audience consists of my friends and family who have been saying for years, "you should write a theatre blog!" So hey guys. Ask and ye shall receive.

I have a few ideas as to what I will write about, so hopefully over time I will find my voice on here. I think it will be fun! This is a platform where I can say all I want about the theatre scene and my poor family won't have to endure dozens of screenshots per day of the latest Broadway.com article.

So, here we go! Hit like, or subscribe, or follow or whatever you people do on this website. My first post should be coming later today!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Finding Neverland National Tour

photo by Jeremy Daniel I could not have been more excited when I learned that Finding Neverland would finally be launching a national tour. I saw the show twice on Broadway starring Matthew Morrison, Kelsey Grammar, and Laura Michelle Kelly, and I completely fell in love with the breathtaking yet underrated musical. At long last, the tour reached the National Theatre in Washington, DC, and I was so excited to score cheap tickets! I had some concerns about seeing Finding Neverland this time around. Despite the glowing reviews from my friends who had seen it earlier in the week, the Washington Post completely slammed the production. The Post's review mainly blamed the tour's shortcomings on being a non-equity tour. In summary, an actor who is non-equity has not yet worked their way into the Actor's Equity Association (the actor's union, in laymen's terms). Non-equity actors are not protected by the AEA regulations, and therefore are not obligated to be paid a ...

Proper Stage Door Etiquette

  All theatres have a stage door. It’s primarily where the actors, musicians, crew, etc. enter the theatre. At Broadway and large regional theatres, it’s also where the audience gathers after the show to get autographs and pictures with the actors. Stage doors can be very fun, but can also cause some people to reach an unacceptable level of crazy. I have waited at dozens of Broadway stage doors over the years and have many stories to tell. I will share some of these stories to help teach you all proper stage door etiquette, because let’s be honest – a lot of people in the theatre world need to be taught how to property act. 1)       Don’t be bitter because you’re not at the front of the crowd. For those of you who have never “stage door-ed” a show before, typically the theatre puts up police barricades that the fans wait behind, to provide crowd control and safety for the actors who come out to sign autographs. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a s...

REVIEW: My Fair Lady on Broadway

photo by Joan Marcus As soon as I caught my first glimpse of the neon signs hanging above the entrance of the Vivian Beaumont Theatre, my face broke into a huge grin. I had been there just two months prior to see My Fair Lady  on Broadway, and I was so excited that I was back for a second round. I power-walked to the box office to pick up my ticket. On my way, I snuck a glance at the understudy board. It was completely empty. This was a good thing for me because the first time I saw the show, there were several fabulous understudies on and this time I got to see different actors in those roles. After getting my ticket I bid goodbye to my parents, whose seats were in the balcony, and I made my way to my seat in the third row of the orchestra. I sat impatiently for the next twenty minutes, flipping through my Playbill and eavesdropping on the group behind me trying to guess the synopsis of Come From Away ("It's probably about a couple who goes to a Sandals resor...